Bower Street Manly
High level scaffolding & crane utilisation
Client: Body Corporate / Site Superintendent, Strata Asset Management / NSW Strata Management
Location: Bower Street, Manly
Task: Fix a large tile and corrugated iron roof that leaked extensively.
Andersal Project Manager: Jacques Calluaud
- The tiles and corrugated iron were old and in poor repair.
- The building is 7 story with steep roof lines.
- The building is astride a popular public walkway.
- The safety of pedestrians and residents was critical when we worked on different parts of the building.
- The steep roof is very exposed to wind and weather.
- Safety at height procedures needed strict compliance.
- Andersal’s quote was very competitive as we used no ground level scaffolding.
- Andersal used abseilers, roofers, cranes, lifts and some minor high level scaffolding and access bridges.
- Andersal and Access Hoist provided the high level scaffolding and access bridge between sections.
- Coates provided the lift for materials and tools.
We used a Melrose Crane with 5m luffing fly for two days to lift tiles and remove rubbish. The luffing fly enabled us to lift across the roof platform.
Andersal kept the residents informed and barricaded areas to ensure safety of pedestrians at different times during the project.
- Andersal established the static lines to allow safe working at height.
- G-Force Roofing assisted with the tiling.
- The roof was refurbished with new tiles, battens and sarking.
The job was extended to protect the minor deterioration in the corrugated iron, to re-point deteriorating brickwork, to paint the eaves and gutters and to generally restore the upper building.