Ansto Lucas Heights
Wolfin membrane to the roof
Client: ANSTO (Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation)
Location: Lucas Heights, Sydney
Task: To waterproof the upper and lower roof housing the medical isotope nuclear reactor plant.
Andersal Site Supervisor: Eddie Issa
- There were no handrails on the roof area so temporary static lines had to be installed.
- The weather proved to be a problem as each morning we had to wait till heavy condensation evaporated.
- Security was tightly controlled.
- The client wanted a robust, durable and absolutely water tight solution.
- Andersal laid some 1600m2 of Wolfin S PVC sheet membrane over existing membrane.
- Andersal and Projex warranted the repair for 20 years.