People’s Republic of China
There was a major logistic problem getting product to site as there was only 1 small lane way available for all trades. Like most construction sites an area only became available for a short time window and waterproofing work had to be completed rapidly to allow others access to the area.
Waterproofing membranes can be easily breached by other trades and our Site Supervisor spent a lot of time educating the building foremen and other trades on how not to damage the waterproofing. There was some resistance at the time, but we had a very appreciative builder by the end of the project.
There were essentially 4 characteristically different areas to be waterproofed:
- The external below ground car park walls
- External car park slab and exposed roof
- All bathrooms
- The external below ground car park walls were sealed with Tremco based polyurethane.
- The external car park slab and roof were sealed with Wolfin S membrane. This was further protected with geofabric and pebble cover.
- The balconies were sealed with SIKA TR23.
- The bathrooms were sealed with Bostik ULTRA SEAL R.