Colgate Palmolive Building
- The historic ‘Colgate Palmolive’ building was converted to a residential building in 2000. The waterproofing proved inadequate.
- Crane was used for demolition, spoil removal and tile delivery.
- The construction was conducted during a continuous wet period.
- Many units had to have temporary drip trays to allow work to progress to find the leak sources and to eliminate them.
- The downpipe removal and installation had to be by rope access.
- There were some complicating decision and communication issues within the Body Corporate and between the Body Corporate and the Managing Agent and their Consultant Adviser.
- Waterproofing was carried out using Wolfin and Torch-On membrane.
- The residences and pool areas were refurbished with stainless steel and glass balustrading.
- Cast iron downpipes were replaced with stainless steel downpipes.
Does your building need repair or an upgrade?
Delays to remedial repairs could cost you more in the long run. Enquire with us for a quote today!